1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 3, 2008 8:05 AM by TSGal

Upgrade from FM6 to FM9 same script crashes FM9

syncopatiac

Title

Upgrade from FM6 to FM9 same script crashes FM9

I run a verify script that checks to see if all the files are where they are supposed to be and not corrupted. I am in the process of converting files to FM9. The FM6 files run fine, but the FM9 sometimes do and sometimes don't. When I run the verify script a second time I sometimes see the dreaded beach ball before the FM program crashes. This does not happen in FM6. There are 9 files to check and FM gets to about 2 of them before crashing. Even when I run script debugger this happens. But the odd thing is sometimes it will run through the whole script.

I don't actually care why it works in 6 and not in 9. I just want to fix it and have spent many hours trying various combinations of ideas before I finally am reaching out for help. None seem to work, so I am open to any suggestions. By the way, the old script runs just as well on my Intel mac as it does on my G5 Power Mac. 

• 1. Re: Upgrade from FM6 to FM9 same script crashes FM9
          TSGal

syncopatiac:

Thank you for your post.

It is difficult to determine what is causing the problem without seeing the script(s).  Between each script command, you may want to insert a dialog box (Show Custom Dialog script step) to display what file will be verified next.  This will let you know which file is having the problem if FileMaker crashes.  This may help narrow down the cause.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.