4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2013 11:06 AM by SteveMartino

Upgrade to FileMaker12 Pro 12.v03 Fails

JanMoreland

Title

Upgrade to FileMaker12 Pro 12.v03 Fails

I am getting a failure when trying to upgrade to 12v0.3. It says it can't find a qualifying product and shuts down.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Upgrade to FileMaker12 Pro 12.v03 Fails
          davidanders

Computer? Operating System? OS Version? Filemaker opens and runs? Was it upgraded to 12v0.2 without problems?

Do you do any monthly maintenance on your computer? (hard drive file system errors can cause this, depending on the OS)

Downloads can become damaged, have you downloaded a second time?

More info would obviously be helpful.

• 2. Re: Upgrade to FileMaker12 Pro 12.v03 Fails
            JanMoreland

I am using Windows 7(Serice Pack 1) 64-bit Operating System on a new Asus laptop (about 3 months old). I installed Filemaker 12v0.2 on it - I did not upgrade to it. It runs just fine as it is. I have done no monthly maintenance (didn't know I was supposed to) and this is the first time I've seen a notice that upgrades were available. I just tried last night to upgrade to 12v0.3 and it failed. I did download for a second time and tried it again - same error. The message didn't mention what 'qualifying product' it couldn't find - it just gave me the message (above) and failed. Is there an option to install the entire 12v0.3 as opposed to just installing the upgrades? 

• 3. Re: Upgrade to FileMaker12 Pro 12.v03 Fails
              JanMoreland

I gave up installing version 12.v03 after I didn't get a response. I just tried again and am getting the same error (qualifying product not found). i read another forum entry with thte same problem, but in that case they received a panel to enter the license key. I don't get a panel, I get an error where the only option is to say OK and it shuts down.  Is there somewhere I can enter a license key so it doesn't give me that error? 

• 4. Re: Upgrade to FileMaker12 Pro 12.v03 Fails
                SteveMartino

I would just call FM Support..@1 800-325-2747