AnsweredAssumed Answered

Upgrading from FM Pro 4.1 to FM Pro 11 Problems

Question asked by birdparts on Oct 24, 2012
Latest reply on Oct 24, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Upgrading from FM Pro 4.1 to FM Pro 11 Problems

I have been using FM forever to run my auto parts business. I am running 4.1 on a five year old PC running Windows XP. I just had a new PC built with the latest Windows OS and all kinds of memory. Needless to say, I could not run 4.1 on it. I installed FM Pro 11 and converted the files. Most of my complex scripts do not run, and in general the whole application runs sluggish.  I am seeing what I call "ghost" files. I.E. Parts 1. Parts 2, Parts 3, Parts 4 etc. One user told me jumping from 4.1 to 11 is a big messy problem, and there is some costly software ($1000) to clean up the mess. I am not  a programmer or developer, just an advanced user. I just got the idea, what if I buy FM 6, FM 7, FM 8, FM 9 and  convert my files through all the versions. Will this bring me to FM 11 without all the problems of jumping from 4.1 to 11? I can buy most of them on Ebay for about $100 each. As an alternative I would be glad to hire someone who can get me running FM 11 smoothly on my new computer. Thanks for your help. Tom

Outcomes