2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2014 8:19 AM by philmodjunk

uploading data to filemaker

CaitlindeLisser

Title

uploading data to filemaker

I have various different types of excels that contain the same type of data, but are fashioned in different ways. However, filemaker will not allow me to upload more than one type of excel. is there a way to get around this? I had already uploaded and been working with another financial report from a different company and now just wish to add in the financial reports from this company as well. I cannot find any direction how to do this online, so hopefully someone can help me out! 

Screen_Shot_2014-03-24_at_10.38.56_AM.png

• 1. Re: uploading data to filemaker
          CaitlindeLisser
          /files/dfef076d3e/Screen_Shot_2014-03-24_at_10.38.56_AM.png 385x254
          • 2. Re: uploading data to filemaker
            philmodjunk

What you show highlighted in your screen shot is a folder not a file so I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean.

I have various different types of excels that contain the same type of data, but are fashioned in different ways. However, filemaker will not allow me to upload more than one type of excel.

I must assume that you mean that you are using import records to import the data. What are the "types" that you can't import? Excel files typically have the .xls file extension and FileMaker can use Import Records to import data from any number of different .XLS files into the same database file so it is not clear to me what you mean by having excel files that "cannot be uploaded".