0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2010 3:34 PM by skashanchi

Zooming in and out within a Web Viewer field

skashanchi

Title

Zooming in and out within a Web Viewer field

I have a situation where I would like to provide a web viewer on a layout, but I would like it to be able to see as much of the webpage as possible within a relatively small field. This is a situation where I do not need the user to be able to interact with the web viewer or even necessarily be able to read the web page. It is mainly to provide feedback as to the existence of a website and the fact that it is up and running. In fact these are not really even websites, but are web GUI's from network devices. So the fact that they would show up, would indicate to the user that the device is up and running and serving its webpage.

It would however be nice to be able to see as much of the website as possible. So I am wondering if there is way to be able to load the website in the viewer with it zoomed out as much as possible. Almost like seeing a thumbnail of the website. Another way to envision this is the way an iPhone displays a website in Safari. It is resized to fit the screen when you first go to a website. I will then have a button that will take the user to the website if necessary for full viewing.

Thank you.