- I have created my database and the required relationships. Now I'm trying to create forms that will submit from a webpage to the database. Is this possible?
Yes, though you either create the form using a tool such as PHP (For custom web publishing) or you simply use a layout in your database as the source of the web form (Instant Web Publishing).
- If this is possible, is it then further possible to have one form updating multiple tables based on field IDs?
Yes, especially if the data entered by the user or auto-entered by the database (in response to the submitted data) establishes a valid relationship between the tables. You can use a portal for this in an instant web published layout much like you would in filemaker itsefl.
- Is it possible to have a search function of the database, within a web page, per table?
- Is it possible to have the tables data listed on a webpage permanently in a readable format, with live updates from the database?
Do you mean in "read only" format--users can see but not modify the data? If so, then yes.
- Is it possible to have a webpage with statistics (pie charts, graphs, etc.) based on selectable options on the page itself?
Yes, but filemaker's built in chart features are limited and I'm not sure if they are or are not web compatible. You can, however use a charting tool (google charts I think?) with a web viewer placed on your web page.
Phil, many thanks for your prompt and detailed reply. If anyone could fill me in on a good book, then that would complete my first post!