1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 27, 2012 3:25 PM by user15307

"Export Records" scipt step lost flag "Group by" when copied from one script to another

PetrLukes

Summary

"Export Records" scipt step lost flag "Group by" when copied from one script to another

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

10v3, 11v4

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.7.3

Description of the issue

Script step export records loose parameter Group by when copied to another script using clipboard.

Steps to reproduce the problem

1. Records are sorted by "Field 2".
      2. "Script 1" has "Export Records" script step with Group by parameter set to "Field2".
      3. The script step "Export Records" is copied and pasted to the "Script 2" and script saved.
      4. Records are sorted by "Field 2".
      5. After run "Script 2" data are exported but not grouped by "Field 2".

Expected result

All parameters of script step "Export Records" are correctly copied and data exported by "Script 2" are grouped by "Field 2".

Actual result

Flag Group by near "Field 2" is lost.
      Data exported by "Script 2" are NOT grouped by "Field 2".

Sni%CC%81mek_obrazovky_2012-03-27_v%C2%A010.36.19.png

• 1. Re: "Export Records" scipt step lost flag "Group by" when copied from one script to another
          user15307

Petr Lukes,

Thank you for posting.

I am unable to replicate the issue you describe. 

I have created the database file in FileMaker Pro 11v4 just as your screenshot shows.  When I cut and paste "script 1" to "script 2" it does copy the script exactly and when it is run, the "group by" remains the same: (Field 2). The data exported when either script is run is the same.  How does your output file differ?

Any additional details you can provide may help me in replicating your issue.

TSTuatara,

FileMaker, Inc.