1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 30, 2010 9:47 AM by TSuki

"instant web sharing could not be started" filemaker pro 8.0v2 imac 10.6.4

MichaelNguyen

Summary

"instant web sharing could not be started" filemaker pro 8.0v2 imac 10.6.4

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

8.0v2

Operating system version

MAC OS 10.6.4

Description of the issue

I managed to get the Instant Web Sharing feature working on Tuesday by setting the port to 591, however after I restarted my computer and open up the reports for FileMaker Pro I get the message  "instant web sharing could not be started". I have searched forums and online for resolutions which have not worked including:
      1) running a sudo command the restart the apache server
      2) turning off and on web sharing
      3) removing the preferences file

I would like to ask for advice on what else I can try to resolve this issue.

Steps to reproduce the problem

open up file maker pro or a report file associated with file maker pro. When accessing the setting for instant web sharing when clicking on it also gives the same message

Expected result

program to load up normally, and when accessing the setting if turning on to not give error

Actual result

error window with "instant web sharing could not be started".

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

"instant web sharing could not be started".

Configuration information

iMac 10.6.4
      Filemaker Pro 8.0v2
      3.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
      4GB 1067 Mhz RAM
      MACOSX

Workaround

none since issue started

• 1. Re: "instant web sharing could not be started" filemaker pro 8.0v2 imac 10.6.4

Michael Nguyen:

From Knowledge Base Article #6703:

Note that the Instant Web Publishing (IWP) feature does not work in FileMaker Pro 8.5v2 or FileMaker Pro 8.5v2 Advanced running on Mac OS X Leopard. The IWP feature in FileMaker Pro 8.5 was designed and implemented long before Leopard, and it is not feasible to update it for Leopard.

The above should also apply to Snow Leopard and FileMaker pro 8.0. You may need to either upgrade to the latest version of FileMaker Pro or install on an older 10.4 Mac.

TSuki
          FileMaker, Inc.