"Select entire contents on entry" does not work if the field losing the focus has a script trigger
Operating system version
Mac OS X 10.7.4
Description of the issue
When you (single) click in a field with "Select entire contents on entry" the user expects the entire contents to always be selected.
In fmp11 this is the case, however, in fmp12 if the field that was in focus triggers a ScriptTrigger (even one that does nothing) only the word at the click-point is selected (similar to triple click).
Note: This does NOT occur if you click in the padding-space within the field background, but outside of the text input area.
**This is particularly irritating when clicking into a pop-up-list field, because the selected value is then inserted into the middle of the existing value instead of replacing it.**
Steps to reproduce the problem
1) Create an empty script
2) Create a layout with two fields
3) Place a script trigger OnObjectValidate on the first field to execute the script.
4) Enter test data: In Browse mode create a new record, enter multiple words into the two fields using tab to jump to field 2 and save the data.
5) Click in Field 1 and without changing anything
6) Click in field 2 => it is ALL selected (because no ScriptTrigger was triggered)
7) now click in Textfield1 and change its contents...
8) NOW click in Textfield2 and this time only one word will be highlighted (because the ScriptTrigger was triggered)
or .... ask for the example DB.
The entire contents of Textfield2 should be selected.
Only one word of TextField2 is selected
Exact text of any error message(s) that appear
Textfield 1 must have a script trigger.
Textfield 2 must have "Select entire contents on entry"