3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2009 12:48 PM by TSGal

***Lost Toolbar Options***

bmix

Summary

***Lost Toolbar Options***

Description of the issue

I just upgraded to snow leopard and currently use 3 databases with FM 10.0v3. 2 of the databases are fine. The 3d (and most used of course) has lost the features of the toolbar and won't allow me to customize and get the default toolbar back. Any ideas appreciated. (I have already trashed the preferences) 

• 1. Re: ***Lost Toolbar Options***
          philmodjunk

Any chance the window size or screen resolution has changed?

A known issue is that if you size the window too small or set the screen resolution too small, the layout editing buttons that should be visible in layout mode disappear off the screen. Re-sizing the windows or resetting to a higher resolution brings them back.

• 2. Re: ***Lost Toolbar Options***
            bmix

no- that isn't the case : (

anyone have any other suggestions? 

• 3. Re: ***Lost Toolbar Options***
              TSGal

bmix:

Thank you for your post.

Another possibility is the Status Toolbar had been modified.  Pull down the View menu and select "Customize Status Toolbar...".  Start by dragging the default set into the Toolbar.  Does this work?  If not, try dragging one of the icons into the Toolbar.  Does this work?

If neither option works, recover the file.  That is, close the file, pull down the File menu and select "Recover...".   Select the file, recover the file, and open the recovered file.  If this works successfully, then your file was corrupt, and it still may be corrupt.  The Recover command is not a fix-all solution, so if you have an older file that worked properly, use that instead.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.