2 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2012 3:19 PM by TSGal

*.epsf encapsulated postscript file cannot be inserted as an image any more

Summary

*.epsf encapsulated postscript file cannot be inserted as an image any more

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.7.4

Description of the issue

In fm11 you could insert an eps file as an image into filemaker with extension .eps OR .epsf.
      In fmp12 you cannot  insert an eps file with the extension *.epsf as an image.

Steps to reproduce the problem

create an eps file with name "image.eps"
      right click > insert Picture... to put it into a container field in fmp12
      rename the file "image.epsf"
      right click > insert Picture... to put it into a container field in fmp12

Expected result

to insert & see both images

Actual result

with the *.epsf you get an error message and it is inserted as a file instead of an image.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

This file type could not be displayed as a picture. It will be inserted and displayed as a file.

fmp12_EPSF_Bug.png

• 1. Re: *.epsf encapsulated postscript file cannot be inserted as an image any more
          TSGal

MrWatson:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue, either by storing as reference or embedding.  I have several EPS files that I have duplicated and changed the extension EPS to EPSF, and all images, EPS or EPSF, are inserted as pictures.

I would like to see one of your EPS files so I can determine why it is failing to insert as a picture.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: *.epsf encapsulated postscript file cannot be inserted as an image any more
            TSGal

MrWatson:

I received your file, but I initially was unable to replicate the issue.  I say "initially", because although the file showed .epsf extension, the actual extension of .eps was hidden.  That is, filename.epsf.eps.

Once I removed .eps extension, I was able to replicate the issue.

After talking with Testing, they pointed me to FileMaker Pro help and the topic "Using data in container fields", where it only lists .eps file extension for encapsulated postscript files.  I have submitted the file extension .epsf as a feature enhancement for a future release.  For now, you will have to replace the .epsf file extension with .eps.

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.