Summary

.fp7 file is already open

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Windows Server 2008 R2

Description of the issue

We were using filemaker on our server just fine, then recently we were asked to update the version. It's been a little while and as far as I know everything has been working fine. Now whenever we try to open our database it says the .fp7 file is currently in use. If the file is shared , you can use the Open Remote command top open the file on the network. I have verified with all of the users and as far as I can tell all instances of it are closed. Any ideas on what I can do?

Steps to reproduce the problem

Every time you open filemaker and try to open the database it gives an error.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

.fp7 file is currently in use. If the file is shared , you can use the Open Remote command top open the file on the network. I have verified with all of the users and as far as I can tell all instances of it are closed. Any ideas on what I can do?

Configuration information

We work in a terminal services environment with around 200 users, but only around 50 on simultaneously. Only 2-3 people use filemaker

screen.png

• 1. Re: .fp7 file is already open
          TSGal

Brian Ornawka:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

It sounds like you are trying to double click the file.  FileMaker believes this file is in use, so what occurs when you try to access the file via Open Remote?

I know it has been three months since you posted, so if you found the solution, please post here in case others run into the same problem.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.