.xls file won't import on server, but will on client
Operating system version
Window Server 2012
Description of the issue
I've got different .xls files that are being imported through the server from a PSOS process. On occasion, the import process will stay stuck at the Import script step. It doesn't execute the line, and it throws no errors. I know it's stuck there because I've placed some sendmail command pre and post, and I never receive the post message. I also tried the same thing through a server-side schedule, with the same results. The same file will import perfectly fine when I import it through a normal FMP client connection.
The virtual user server created just hangs there and never logs out. It doesn't show as using any system resources through the statistics screen, but other real user notice a slowdown when this happens.
Once this happens, any other PSOS processes won't work. Server just keeps piling on the virtual users but never logs them out. The only way to stop this is to restart the FMSE service through the command line.
Steps to reproduce the problem
Not all .xls files have this behavior upon import. I can provide a few sample files to test with that have given me problems.
The file to be imported into the designated table, or at least an error is thrown so I can catch for it.
Import script step doesn't execute, no error thrown. Server script just hangs with no completion.
Exact text of any error message(s) that appear
FileMaker Server 13.02.295
Virtual Windows Server 2012
Import the same file using a client connection.