1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 19, 2009 2:34 PM by TSGal

26-character Runtime Name results in launch failure

Ward

Summary

26-character Runtime Name results in launch failure

Description of the issue

I just spent several hours tracking down a runtime launch failure with FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced 10.0v3 on Mac OS X 10.5.7 and 10.5.8. Symptom: A Runtime solution builds without an error.  The solution may launch correctly the first time.  On all subsequent launches, the FileMaker runtime icon flashes in the Dock and disappears -- no message, nothing in the Console Messages.  Moving the solution to another Mac may give one successful launch. I say "may launch" because some of my trials gave one successful launch.  Other first launches bounced the icon several times in the Dock, but the solution never appeared. Cause: The Runtime Name is 26 characters.  The actual characters are not important (e.g., several words, 26 digits) Shorter and longer names (e.g., 10, 25, 27) work fine. I reproduced this problem using FileMaker's sample Recipes database with no records. -- Ward

• 1. Re: 26-character Runtime Name results in launch failure
          TSGal

Ward:

Thank you for your post.

Yes, this problem has been previously reported, and it occurs under Mac OS X 10.5.x (Leopard) as well as Mac OS X 10.6.x (Snow Leopard).  Our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments are aware of this issue.  When more information becomes available, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.