A field validated by a value list will always return 506 error from a CWP-XML edit command
Mac OS X 10.9, 10.8
A field that has the Validate by Value List option is effectively locked and may not be edited by CWP-XML.
1. Host a database on Server
2. Make an account accessible to XML
3. Generate a URL which will pass an edit command to a record in the database
4. Pass the URL to the server to confirm that the field is able to be edited
5. Change the validation options on the field to validate by value list.
6. Generate a URL that will edit the field and ensure that the edit value is an item from the value list.
7. Pass the URL to the server
Error code 0.
XML data (fmresultset) describing the modified record.
Error code 506
The issue has also been seen on a database hosted on fms18.104.22.1685 on Win7
remove validation by value list
Thank you for your post.
Our Testing department would like to see a copy of your database file and the code used to edit the record. Please check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the files.