AnsweredAssumed Answered

Ability to print Avery 5160 labels (with multiple find selection) from existing database

Question asked by DouglasGable on Jan 25, 2011
Latest reply on Jan 26, 2011 by philmodjunk

Summary

Ability to print Avery 5160 labels (with multiple find selection) from existing database

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FM Pro 11

Operating system version

MAC OS X ver 10.6.6

Description of the issue

I have an existing database that I want to print mailing (Avery 5160) labels from. I need the ability to use Find (actually multiple Find criteria) to select what labels to print. Example: my database has 300 students in it - 1 row for each. I have 6 years of data (in a row) for each student. I only want to print mailing labels for those students who have been a part of classes for the past 2 years. 3 classes are held each year. I have a Yes / No indicator Field) that tells me if a student participated for each class. Using the (Find & New Record) buttons I need to selectively pull ANY student that participated in any 1 of the 6 possible classes over the past 2 years. After speaking with support, they suggested me communicating this way for you to provide guidance on using a SCRIPT. Similar to Contact Management but with MY database.

Expected result

300 students in full database - 5 sample students here...
Student   (address info) 2008c1 2009c1 09c2 09c3 2010c4 10c5 10c6
Student 1 xxxxxxxxxxxxx    0      0     0    0     1      1    1
Student 2 xxxxxxxxxxxxx    0      0     1    0     0      0    0
Student 3 xxxxxxxxxxxxx    1      0     0    0     0      0    0
Student 4 xxxxxxxxxxxxx    0      0     1    0     0      1    0
Student 5 xxxxxxxxxxxxx    0      0     0    0     0      0    0

I would only want to see (Find) labels for students 1, 2, 4
Students don't fit my criteria they did not take any classes for the past 2 years.

Configuration information

I don't want to use Contact Management but I want to use the Find (& Next Record for multiples) function that is in this Starter Solution on my own database. How do I enable the Avery 5160 script on my existing database?

Outcomes