Access privileges

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

12.0 v 2

Operating system version

Windows 7

Description of the issue

When I try to open a certain file for Filemaker, I get a message saying "The access privileges in this file have been damaged or possibly tampered with.  Please contact Filemaker Technical Support if the problem cannot be resolved."

What should I do to fix this problem?

Steps to reproduce the problem

Just opening the file.

Expected result

A window asking me for a username and password opens up.

Actual result

A window with an error message appears.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

The access privileges of this file have been damaged or possibly tampered with.  Please contact Filemaker Technical Support if the issue cannot be resolved.

Clipboard01.jpg

• 1. Re: Access privileges
          philmodjunk

Your best bet is to try to recover the file or replace it with a back up copy if you have a good back up you can revert to. You may need to recover the file, then import the data into a clone of a back up copy without this issue.

Here's a Knowledge Base Article on the subject: http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4829/kw/export%20records

Things to keep in mind about Recover:

While Recover almost always detects and fully corrects any problems with your file...

1.           The recovered copy may behave differently even if recover reports "no problems found".
          3.           Recover does not detect all problems
          5.           Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly
          7.           Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.

And here's a knowledgebase article that you may find useful: What to do when your file is corrupt (KB5421).