Thanks for posting!
Also, thanks for using the bug template.
There is actually a Knowledge Base Article (Support > Knowledge Base) that covers this particular issue, KB ID 6618. I have posted the text of this Article below for your convenience. If you have any further issues, definitely don't hesitate to post and let me know.
After installing FileMaker Pro or FileMaker Pro Advanced you receive one of the following 2 error messages upon launch of the program:
"A general activation alert has occurred (-96)"
"A general activation alert has occurred (-97)"
Please follow the following steps to resolve this issue:
- Right click My Computer, select System Properties.
- Click the Advanced Tab.
- At the bottom of the window, click Environment Variables.
- Locate LM_LICENSE_FILE under the System Variables.
- Select LM_LICENSE_FILE and click Delete.
- Close the Environment Variables and System Properties dialogs by clicking OK in each dialog.
- Launch FileMaker Pro or FileMaker Pro Advanced, and complete the Activationprocess.
The LM_LICENSE_FILE may have been required by older software licenses which also requiredActivation. The file is not recreated, however the applications that may have accessed it for launch and activation should continue to function.