Summary

active modifier keys

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

MacOSX 10.10.1

Description of the issue

using the "Get ( ActiveModifierKeys )" script step does not work in any script.

• 1. Re: active modifier keys
          TSGal

Kees Timmer:

I am unable to replicate the issue using FileMaker Pro 13.0v4 under Mac OS X 10.10.1.  This is what I have done:

1. I created a script "ActiveModifierKeys" with the steps:
             If [ Get (ActiveModifierKeys) > 0 ]
                Show Custom Dialog [ Get (ActiveModifierKeys) ; "Modifier key pressed" ]
             End If

2. For the Text field "F1", I activated the script trigger OnObjectKeystroke to execute the script "ActiveModifierKeys".

3. I go to Browse Mode, turn on Caps Lock, put my cursor in "F1" and enter the key "1".

The dialog box appears titled "2" stating "Modifier key pressed".

Let me know what steps you are taking so I can replicate the issue.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: active modifier keys
            KeesTimmer

Thx for your quick reply

I will create this script in a moment. Here is an other example. Attached is an empty fm file which should open with privilege set [data entry only]... (configured through file options...)

When one would press the option key the authentication dialog would appear.  with user Admin and pass 1234 you should  gain developer access... It does not on my system....

grmm I cannot attach this file, here is a link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctw2q34pjfbma83/test%20option%20key.fmp12?dl=0

Kees

• 3. Re: active modifier keys
              KeesTimmer

Hi reproduced the script and really no dialog... I Installed filemaker again, created a new account, disabled the two plugins I am using... I do not know what is going on!

Regards Kees

• 4. Re: active modifier keys
                KeesTimmer

SOLVED.... I did install WEBROOT for Macosx. This is causing this error. I had to investigate it for a customer:

Webroot is a malware protector for Windows and Macintosh users... When I quit the deamon Everything works normal again...

Thanks for your help!!!