Add Table to Database

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Trial FileMakerPro 13

Operating system version

OS X Version 10.9.2

Description of the issue

In the manual on Page 72 of file Maker Pro Chapter 3 Creating database tables, it shows six buttons Create Change Deelete Copy Paste Import...

I would like to Import multiple Tables into a database and what is odd is that I do not have the options:

Copy   Paste   and Import...

Is this because it is a Trial?  Advanced version only?

manageddbbuttonsjpg.jpeg

• 1. Re: Add Table to Database
          philmodjunk

Report An Issue is intended for Reporting Possible Software bugs. Questions on how to work with FileMaker Pro should be posted in the FM Pro Forum Section. (See tab at top of this screen.)

The Copy and Paste buttons only appear in the Advanced version of FileMaker--which is the only version to get if you plan on developing more than a really, really simple database. The added developer tools plus the ability to create custom menus and custom functions will save you many hours of development work.

But you can use Import Records to import a copy of a table if you select "new table" as the target table.

• 2. Re: Add Table to Database
            neilparmstrong

Thanks for the quick explanation and sorry for the faux pas on where. Silly on my part.