Adjust Window Resize to Fit Dual Monitor Problem

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.0v3

Operating system version

MacOS-X 10.6.7

Description of the issue

Running a dual monitor setup with the primary monitor 1920x1200 and the secondary monitor 1440x900 positioned to the left and bottom-to-bottom with the primary monitor (i.e. top of primary monitor is above top of secondary monitor.  If a window is positioned on the secondary monitor and the the script step "Adjust Window [Resize to Fit]" is run, the window is move up significantly.  The top of the secondary monitor is at position 395 according to Get( WindowTop ).  After the Adjust Window command is run, the window is repositioned to vertical 95 so 300 px of the window are off the top of the secondary monitor.

Steps to reproduce the problem

The window height after adjustment has to be close to the height of the secondary monitor to exhibit the problem.  On a layout with an "adjust to fit" height of 522 did not exhibit the problem on a monitor 900 px tall but a window with an "adjust to fit" height of 820 did as did one of 695 but 670 (body height 550) did not.

Expected result

This behavior changed with FileMaker 11 somewhere.  It behaved differently in FileMaker 10 but still incorrectly where it would adjust a window with a correct height of 767 to a smaller 600 px with scroll bar and positions against the top of the secondary window

Actual result

If the left edge of the window is on the secondary screen I would expect the following:

1. If the window can be fully contained on the secondary screen in its Adjust to Fit size in its current position that the window would not move but would resize vertically and horizontally to fit the layout.

2. If the window can not be fully contained vertically on the secondary screen but can be contained horizontally in its current position I would expect it to be positioned to the top of the secondary screen without moving the left edge of the window and be resized to the maximum vertical space available on the secondary window.

3. If the window can not be fully contained horizontally or vertically that it would be positioned to the top left of the secondary screen and adjusted to the maximum width and height of the secondary screen.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

N/A

Workaround

I built a script that checks the horizontal and vertical position before the Adjust Window is done and if they change it puts the window back.

Outcomes