6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2009 8:09 PM by DebiFuchs

Adjust Window [Minimize or Hide] Fails in some cases, even if not the last window open

DebiFuchs

Summary

Adjust Window [Minimize or Hide] Fails in some cases, even if not the last window open

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product: FileMaker Pro Advanced 10.0v1(Bug does not happen under FileMaker Pro Advanced 9) Operating System: Mac 10.4.11 (This is the only system I tested it on) Description: When stepped through in the script debugger, the script step "Adjust Window" refuses to "Hide" or "Minimize" the current window even if it the window is one of several windows open on the file.  (I believe the behavior manifests itself in some other elusive cases not related to the script debugger, but I can not isolate that bug due to THIS issue.) Exact steps to reproduce the issue:Create a databaseCreate a script with two steps: - Adjust Window [Hide] - Beep (Note:  This step is included because the bug disappears if Adjust Window is the last step in the script)Enable "Script Debugger" under the Tools menu.Choose Window->New Window to open a second window.Create a button if desired to run the script. Run the script, stepping through it in the Script Debugger using the "Step Into" or "Step Over" buttons Expected Result: The current window will be hidden. Actual Result: The current window is hidden and then immediately reappears (which is the behavior I would expect if the window were the only one open on the file, but it isn't in this case). Additional Info: I believe the behavior also manifests itself in some important cases NOT related to the script debugger, but I can not isolate it due to THIS issue.  Image: See below.