AnsweredAssumed Answered

Admin console connection cannot be established even with correct Java installation

Question asked by jcarlosCAUSA on Dec 12, 2008
Latest reply on Dec 12, 2008 by TSGal

Summary

Admin console connection cannot be established even with correct Java installation

Description of the issue

Last night I performed a required update for my Microsoft Server 2003. After I restarted the computer I tried to access the FileMaker Server Admin Console to change the schedule backup since it connects to a new batch processing I have for the databases (timing is critical). I couldn't access it, but I got an error warning from the FileMaker Server Admin Console. The dialog box said that "the admin console cannot establish a connection to the admin server." I checked FileMaker's knowledge base database for answers about the problem. The related reported problems seem to be caused by the use of the wrong java version (version 10 for example). However, I've been running Java 6 version 6. I also checked if the Microsoft update affected the Java version I'm running, but it didn't. I'm still running Java 6 Version 6. What other problem could be going on? Could this be related to this week Microsoft update? If so, what do can I do to fix it?

Outcomes