AnsweredAssumed Answered

Administrator "fmsadmin" no longer responding; connection closed.

Question asked by ashlymg on Jul 22, 2010
Latest reply on Apr 25, 2011 by tbasham_1

Summary

Administrator "fmsadmin" no longer responding; connection closed.

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

Windows Server 2008

Description of the issue

When I am logged into FMSAdmin Console and watching the back-ups (we are testing a server with FMS11 since it keeps going bad) I keep getting a frozen admin console (which will keep all back-ups from occurring until the frozen admin service has been resolved.. weeks at a time once).  The only way I know how to unlock this is to open the command prompt and type in the extension with "Restart ADMINSERVER" tacked onto the end.  This fixes the problem.
I opened up FMS Log and found the following occurrence warning whenever this happens:
"Administrator "fmsadmin" no longer responding; connection closed."
I count seven occurrences of this over the past three days.

Can anyone tell me what this is, what is causing it, and how to keep it from happening?

Also, can anyone tell me if having to restart adminserver through command prompt, and freezing of the console like this, affects the open and running databases?  Are we going to lose information when this happens?

Steps to reproduce the problem

Run back-ups.  There is LOTS of space on the discs for them, and monitoring RAM and CPU usage we see that FMS never reaches even half the capacity it has been alloted.

Actual result

Backups run, and every other one to every third one freezes FMSAdmin.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

"Administrator "fmsadmin" no longer responding; connection closed."  (this is only visible in the log within FMS Admin Console)

Outcomes