7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2010 8:44 AM by Steve Wright

After 10v3 update, Pro not running certain scripts

tpaul

Summary

After 10v3 update, Pro not running certain scripts

Description of the issue

With no programming background, I have no idea what's going on. After updating Pro to the latest version, none of the databases I have or none that I create are letting me enter new records. A particular database which I've used for 3 months now is not showing the same visual scripts, nor is it running some of the scripts I created. Help!

• 1. Re: After 10v3 update, Pro not running certain scripts
          philmodjunk

A bit more information will help others to help you:

How to report product issues to FileMaker

• 2. Re: After 10v3 update, Pro not running certain scripts
            tpaul

FileMaker Product(s) involved - FileMaker Pro 10.0.3.303

Operating System(s) involved - Windows XP Service Pack 3

Detailed description of the issue

Withdrawing what I mentioned in the first post, now FileMaker Pro is just not showing custom visual scripts. For example, any images I added to the database template isn't showing; images for inventory of art works are not showing; the general design template is lost. There are no dialogues telling me that there's anything wrong.

• 3. Re: After 10v3 update, Pro not running certain scripts
              philmodjunk

I'm a bit confused with trying to picture this:

"FileMaker Pro is just not showing custom visual scripts. For example, any images I added to the database template isn't showing."

Is this a script listed in Manage Scripts under the scripts menu or have you either inserted an image into a container field or placed it on a layout?

"images for inventory of art works are not showing"

images stored in container fields? stored by reference? In a related table shown in a portal?

The details here are important. A lot of folks have upgraded there XP systems (including me) without any such problem, so we need to nail down what is different in your case.

• 4. Re: After 10v3 update, Pro not running certain scripts
                tpaul

"FileMaker Pro is just not showing custom visual scripts. For example, any images I added to the database template isn't showing."

Is this a script listed in Manage Scripts under the scripts menu or have you either inserted an image into a container field or placed it on a layout?

I guess what I'm talking about aren't scripts after all? Really, just custom graphics as simple as curved lines or certain colors aren't showing up. Even tabs aren't showing up with lines. Also, images I inserted in container fields aren't showing.

"images for inventory of art works are not showing"

images stored in container fields? stored by reference? In a related table shown in a portal?

Images stored in container fields

The details here are important. A lot of folks have upgraded there XP systems (including me) without any such problem, so we need to nail down what is different in your case.

Phil Caulkins
                Caulkins Consulting
                • 5. Re: After 10v3 update, Pro not running certain scripts
                  philmodjunk

Exploring further...

Do you see this in multiple layouts or just one layout?

In other Filemaker Files?

If you create a brand new test file and place a few of the same objects in this layout, do you see the same problem?

These tests may help determine whether you might have a corrupted layout, corrupted file or a problem with your specific installation of Filemaker.

• 6. Re: After 10v3 update, Pro not running certain scripts
                    tpaul
                       It happens with existing FMP templates as well (e.g., Finances- Expenses Report).
                    • 7. Re: After 10v3 update, Pro not running certain scripts
                      Steve Wright

Try turning down your hardware acceleration if this is what you are seeing

Graphics / Native draw objects not displaying

There's a short video clip in the first post.  
                      The clip isn't that great since I had to do it via remote support and had limited time to record
                      probably best to compare the first few seconds with the last few..

Apparently this is down to a windows update, since it has only recently started happening...

If this is the same problem you are having, I would love to get to the bottom of what update has caused it (if at all) 

I'm having this appear more and more recently. 

If not, my apologies....