Summary

After update to FM v12.03 Data Viewer no content

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

mac os x 10.8.2

Description of the issue

No data visible in the Current tab of the Data viewer.

After updating FM 12 Advanced v12.01 to v.12.03, I happily worked with the program and didn't noticed any problems, till today. I started working on my file again and scripting away, un till I wanted it to debug. Opened data viewer and ran the script, but nothing showed up in the data viewer. No global variables, nothing. So I tried again and again. Made a new file, changed lay outs, threw away my preferences, etc, etc. But even on a new bare file I didn't get something to show up in the data viewer. Running it with script debugger where you go step by step, everything is there. But after the script has run, bingo... empty viewer. When I switch to Watch in the data viewer and back to current... everything shows up. Soon as I run a script again, gone, empty, nada. I switch view mode and back again, everything is there. I run another script, gone, empty, ........etc.

Steps to reproduce the problem

No steps. It suddenly is there for all files new and old, all themes.

Expected result

Showing $$variables in Current Tab of the Data viewer

Actual result

Nothing visible in the Current Tab of the Data Viewer. It's there, because changing from current to watch and then back again, shows the $$variables. Also when I switch from browse- to lay out mode and back again, they become visible.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No error message

Workaround

Changing the Data Viewer from Current to Watch and then back again, shows the $$variables. Also when I switch from browse- to lay out mode and back again or clicking on the desktop and then back to FM, they become visible.

DataViewer.png

Outcomes