Align fields function does not work in Import Field Mapping dialog

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

13.0v1

Operating system version

OSX 10.9.1

Description of the issue

In the Import Field Mapping dialog, the pointer never changes from a single up/down arrow to a double arrow to allow me to drag the field to a new location.  I've tried clicking, hovering over both selected and unselected rows, holding down the mouse button, double clicking, etc. 

No error messages, just no way to remap the fields.

• 1. Re: Align fields function does not work in Import Field Mapping dialog
          Fred(CH)

Hi Eric,

Using FileMaker Pro 13.0v1 on Mac OS X 10.9.1, i am unable to replicate the issue.

As far i know, on Mac versions, the mouse pointer never changed when you hover the align tool of mapping field dialog, as it traditionally do on Windows versions.

Anyways, if i click on the align tool, hold down mouse button and drag the right field upper or lower, it moves correctly.

Configurations i tested :

•           MacBook 15 inch, 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, mid 2009, OS X 10.9.1.
          •      
          •           iMac 27 inch, 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, end 2009, OS X 10.8.5.
          •      
          •           --
          •      
          •           FileMaker  Pro 13.0v1
          •      
          •           FileMaker  Pro 12.0v5
          •      
          •           FileMaker  Pro 11.0v4

Let us know if you have more information or step to replicate the issue, that may be helpful.

Bye, Fred

• 2. Re: Align fields function does not work in Import Field Mapping dialog
            EricDittmar

Thanks - it does work and I am able to complete the import without having to resort to a workaround.

However for FM Support:  it is a bug for two reasons

1.           It does not work as documented in Help.  If it never worked that way for OSX, I'm surprised that it's not documented correctly
            3.           Not only does the arrow not change, but when dragging the Target Field up and down, the field does not show as moving until after I released the mouse button - there is no feedback to the action at all.

Again, thanks.

Eric

P.S.  Forgot - no more info or steps needed to replicate the issue - you did, but didn't know that it was an issue.  Replicating the "issue" would be to look at the help file and see that it does not describe the way the software works.

• 3. Re: Align fields function does not work in Import Field Mapping dialog
              TSGal

Eric Dittmar:

Thank you for your posts.

There is a difference between Windows and Mac OS X.  I have sent your comments to our Documentation department so it can be covered in a future release of the documentation.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.