6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2009 10:39 AM by TSGal

aligning module widows

Summary

aligning module widows

Description of the issue

I am using an adaption of FM business productivity kit to manage my business.My problem is getting the 4 separate modules aligned behind each other behind the home module.When I open the home module, the other 4 all open out staggered all over the desktop.Is there some way of making these hide behind the home module? Also, when I go to hide the solution to the dock, I have to hide all the modules separately.  Please help. 

• 1. Re: aligning module widows
          TSGal

holysheet:

Thank you for your post.

Each of the files should open hidden automatically.  If you moved them around the screen, then move them back to the area occupied by the Main Menu.  Close the files individually, with the main menu being last.  Now, open the main menu and each module should now appear in the same place as the main menu when selected.

Only applications can be saved to the dock.  However, if you click the Home button on each module, you can change the script "Return to Main Menu" in the main module to also Hide the Window.  That way, all the modules will be hidden until you need them, and afterwards, all will be hidden.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: aligning module widows

Hi TSGal

Have done as you suggested, aligned the modules behind the home module, clicked to close the first open module and they all closed at the same time.

When I reopened the solution, they are still staggered as before. 

• 3. Re: aligning module widows
              TSGal

holysheet:

The script "Reset All Windows to 1,1" should put the windows in the upper left corner.

If you want to size the window to a certain size, then add the "Move/Resize Window" script step and set the Height and Width to the same values.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: aligning module widows

TSGal, Forgive my ignorance I have no knowledge of using scripts. Please explain where I put your script sugestion?

Thanks

• 5. Re: aligning module widows
                  TSGal

holysheet:

No problem.

1. Pull down the Scripts menu and select "Manage Scripts..." 

2. In the "Manage Scripts" dialog box, click on and highlight "Reset All Windows to 1,1"

3. At the bottom, click on the second icon from the left "Edit"

4. In the next dialog box, along the right side, click on the seventh line "Move/Resize Window ....."

5. Below that, click on the "Specify..." button

6. In the "Move/Resize Window" Options dialog box, under Size and Position, you will see empty entries for Height and Width.  Put in the following:

Height: 674

Width: 911

This will change all windows to be the same size as the Main Menu.

Save and you should be good to go.  Just execute this script when you want to put everything back to the upper left corner. 

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 6. Re: aligning module widows
                    TSGal

holysheet:

I gave you the wrong coordinates.  I was measuring the Inventory module by mistake.  The correct entries for step #6 should be:

Height: 690

Width: 911

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.