3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2009 1:28 PM by TSGal

Almost everything grayed out

Summary

Almost everything grayed out

Description of the issue

FMP 10.0v3Snow Leopard 10.6.1Running on 2.53 GHz Intel MacBook Pro w/ 4GB memory. After closing all open files - and sometimes moving to another location thereby losing connection with host - but not quitting FileMaker. When I return to FM almost everything is grayed out. Can't quit. Can't open files. Window menu says nothing is open. Only help functions seem to be active. All I can do is Force Quit the app. 

• 1. Re: Almost everything grayed out
          TSGal

Doug Roth:

Thank you for your post.

Can you provide any other information about your system?  That is, what other applications are running?  Do you have any plug-ins installed?

Do you have access to another Snow Leopard machine?  If so, can you see if you encounter the same behavior?

Any additional information you can provide may be helpful in determining possible cause(s).

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Almost everything grayed out
               Typically, other running apps would include Mail, Firefox, SnapTalk, AddressBook and iCal. There are no FM plug-ins, to my knowledge. And no, I don't have access to any other machine running Snow Leopard. Sorry.
            • 3. Re: Almost everything grayed out
              TSGal

Doug Roth:

I'm not having any luck replicating the problem on my Snow Leopard machine.  I am running Mail, Address Book, iCal and Safari.  I don't have SnapTalk.  I have closed all files, disconnected from the network, reconnected, and I'm still able to open and access remote files.

In case FileMaker Pro has somehow become corrupt, I would uninstall FileMaker Pro and reinstall.  If that fails, then I would reinstall Snow Leopard from the CD, reinstall FileMaker Pro, and try again.  Other than that, I'm out of options.

Anybody else having trouble with FileMaker hanging after disconnecting from the network?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.