1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 21, 2009 1:56 PM by TSGal

An unexpected problem has occured. Bento must quit

hbbeijing

Summary

An unexpected problem has occured. Bento must quit

Description of the issue

Hi. Just bought the bento 3 family pack, after bento 3 was running nicely on one of my imac desktops. Just installed on a MacBook Air (Mac OS 10.6), and right from the beginning, I get the "An unexpected problem has occured. Bento must quit" error. After hitting the "send report" button, Bento does not quit. It displays multiple address books on the left (one more for each new try, it seems), but none of the address book libraries shows any entries.  After reading a bit in this forum, I tried deleting the plist-file, repairing disk permissions twice and re-installing the software already, to no avail. I remember having downloaded a trial version of Bento 2 onto this MacBook Air laptop some time ago, but I never used it. Other than that, configuration of my Mac OS here is pretty similar to the imac desktop, where, as I mentioned, Bento 3 is running fine (albeit a different software, purchased alone, not part of the family pack that is now causing problems). Any fixes? Thanks.

• 1. Re: An unexpected problem has occured. Bento must quit
          TSGal

hbbeijing:

Thank you for your post.

Create a second user account on the MacBook Air, and log in to that second user account.  Launch Bento.  Does this work?

If so, then there is something in the first user account that Bento does not like.  Run Disk Utility and repair disk permissions.

If this doesn't work, then uninstall and reinstall Bento and try again.  If this still fails, then there is something in your OS that is stopping Bento from loading.

Any other information you can provide may help in narrowing down the possible causes.

Since this is the FileMaker Pro/Server forum, in the future, please post your question to the Bento forum at forums.filemaker.com.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.