Summary

annoying request for Confirm

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

Filemaker 10 Advanced

Operating system version

Description of the issue

Everytime I change layouts an annoying dialog asks me "Confirm - Do you want to save this change with the layout?" and you select Yes or No. I made no changes so why does it keep asking me?

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Steps to reproduce the problem

This happens everytime I switch layouts weather I make changes or not. File is shared for the Go iPad.  "...(Do not ask)" is selected on the host file preferences.

Expected result

No annoying dialog

Actual result

Annoying dialog

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

"Confirm - Do you want to save this change with the layout?"

• 1. Re: annoying request for Confirm
          philmodjunk

Did you change the view (table, form or list) while on the layout?

This is considered a change to the layout and filemaker pro asks for the same confirmation if the file is hosted over a network.

• 2. Re: annoying request for Confirm
            macjack105

That doesn't make sense to me, but there must be a reason for it.

I was narrowing it down to the view cycling. It is in the button I have, it changes to list or form without changing layouts. I guess I need a work around for that by just creating a new layout for list view and one for form view.

Thank you for your time and help.

• 3. Re: annoying request for Confirm
              philmodjunk

I'd prefer a better way of handling that also. What filemaker is asking is whether you want other guests to also see the layout with the view you've selected the next time they access the same layout.

Your other option might be to define a password that doesn't permit editing the layout and use it for data entry on your mobile device. I'm guessing that setup won't trigger this message as that's how regular filemaker works.