AnsweredAssumed Answered

AppleScript from FM6 does not work in FM10

Question asked by peeter on Mar 26, 2009
Latest reply on Nov 3, 2009 by DanielWenger

Summary

AppleScript from FM6 does not work in FM10

Description of the issue

I am just testing FM10 and tried a script, that I have used for years without problem on sound, pictures and movies. It reads the file reference of a "Picture_A" cell (container field) and pasts it in the text field  "Sales". I have of course adjusted the name of the database from "Taxes_2009.fp5" to "Taxes_2009.fp7". So far, I have only found solution for FM-Versions prior to FM7 ... and those are in line with my approach.  The result is ERROR -1728 ... object not found.       tell application "FileMaker Pro"     set pictureFileRef to cell "Picture_A" of current record of layout "Sales" of database "Taxes_2009.fp5"     set cell "Path" of current record of layout "Sales" of database "Taxes_2009.fp5" to pictureFileRef as text     end tell  In case you wonder, why I am not using the entry-function for the path during the actual import of the picture. When I move pictures later on to other folders, the above script allows me to update the correct path and to open those pictures with Photoshop via button in FM6.  

Outcomes