3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2009 10:51 PM by fabriceN

Arrow keys in calculation boxes

fabriceN

Summary

Arrow keys in calculation boxes

Description of the issue

Hi, a bug that appeared with FileMaker 9 -Leopard only- is that if you are writing a calculation, the up arrow key jumps two lines. Very annoying I think.Now with 10, it's even worse: if you are on the last line of the formula, the command-right arrow (go to the end of line) doesn't work anymore.One of the (numerous) reasons why I prefer developing on the mac is the excellent implementation of keyboard shortcuts (I can select a word, a line, a paragraph, go to here and there with the arrow keys only)... but we will soon be catching up Windows :(  Thanks,Fabrice 

• 1. Re: Arrow keys in calculation boxes
          TSGal

fabriceN:

Thank you for your post.

I have forwarded both issues (up arrow and command-right arrow) to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments so they are made aware of these issues.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Arrow keys in calculation boxes
            TSGal

fabriceN:

I had Spaces turned on previously, so I ran into the same problem.  However, now that I have Spaces turned off, I cannot duplicate the problem.  That is, I'm able to press command-right arrow and it takes me to the end of the line in both FileMaker Pro 9 and FileMaker Pro 10.

Does this occur only on one file or all files?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 3. Re: Arrow keys in calculation boxes
              fabriceN

Yes, in all files and calculation boxes, but not always (I mean it can happen in any file, but it doesn't happen everytime).

At least with 9 it was consistent (always two lines) 

Spaces is turned off here.

Fabrice