Auto-Enter Context Lost After ESS Data Sync

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11v3

Operating system version

Win XP

Description of the issue

One of my client's solutions uses ESS for most of its tables.  Two fields were added to one of the SQL tables, so we had to re-sync the table (using FM11).

After the sync, we were no longer able to add new records.  After about six hours (for what should have taken 5-10 minutes), I finally figured out why:

Most of the fields' auto-enter calcs were fine, but four of them had the wrong starting context!  It's been the case for nearly ever that any new fields in this table always start with the wrong context because the main TO we are using was not the first one added.  But yesterday, everything was fine; everything was set properly and users had been using it trouble-free for months.  But today after the ESS sync, four fields were incorrect.

Has anyone else seen this?  Is it a "known" issue?  Can you think of anything that would contribute to this?

• 1. Re: Auto-Enter Context Lost After ESS Data Sync
          TSGal

howards:

Thank you for your post.

First, no issue with what you described has been reported.  That doesn't mean it isn't an issue!  However, from what you describe, this should work, as it is common for users to update the external SQL source and resync.

Were any of the four changed fields the primary key?  Also, were these four fields placed next to one another by creation order?  Were they of similar field types?  Without breaking confidentiality, are you you able to tell me the field types that were affected and the calculations?  Do you recall if you verified the auto-enter calculations before the two fields were added?  Any other details you can provide may be helpful.

Try creating a new database file and link to a new ESS table.  See if you are able to replicate the problem following similar steps and field types.  This might help in replicating the issue.

Finally, run a Recover on the file to see if any errors are reported.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.