Background colors on tabs change if tab is not selected

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

13.0v2

Operating system version

OS X 10.9.2

Description of the issue

I color-code each of the tabs on my tabbed interfaces, and the color I set shows up fine when the tab is selected. But when they're NOT selected, the 3 rightmost tabs all default to the same color as one of them. It isn't always the same one, either, but it seems to be the 1st of the 3 to have been created. Tabs to the left of that do indeed show the correct colors.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Create a tabbed interface with >3 tabs.

Expected result

DIfferent colors

Actual result

Same color

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

none

Workaround

nope

Consolidated_Tab_Overview.png

• 1. Re: Background colors on tabs change if tab is not selected
          TSGal

Richard S. Russell:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  I have set up a tab control with eight panels with different colors (active and inactive the same).  All colors remain the same.  See the screen shot below:

Does this occur with only this one layout?  That is, if you create a new layout with another tab control, does the issue also exist?

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Background colors on tabs change if tab is not selected
            richardsrussell

Well, this is the worst kind of problem — an intermittent one. The same problem shows up on all 4 layouts in that file where I use a tabbed interface — but the color replicated on the 3 rightmost tabs is not the same color in each case, nor is it the color of the same tab (rightmost, 2nd right, 3rd right) each time. I suspect it may have something to do with the order of tab creation, but I can't remember exactly what order I created them in.

I checked 4 other multi-tab files as well. 2 of them were fine. 1 of them had the same problem as described above. The 4th had the same problem as described above, except that it only affected the 2 rightmost tabs.

If you'd like, I can send you a clone of the file that's displaying the problem on 4 different layouts.

PS: Between the time of posting my original lament and now, I upgraded to FMP 13.0v3, to see if that would help. It didn't.

• 3. Re: Background colors on tabs change if tab is not selected
              TSGal

Richard S. Russell:

Since I created all my tab panels at one time, it may be a creation issue (or elapsed time between creation of new tabs).  Please do send a clone of your file so I can try to determine why this issue is existing in your file.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Background colors on tabs change if tab is not selected
                richardsrussell

Client confirms that she is running FMP 12 on Mac OS X 10.9.2.

• 5. Re: Background colors on tabs change if tab is not selected
                  TSGal

Richard S. Russell:

I received your files.  Thank you.

I went to the "Cl - Data Entry" layout that contains seven tabs.  For the fifth tab, I have the active and inactive colors as 214, 211, 243.  For the sixth tab, I have the active colors as 244, 224, 244.and the inactive colors as 214, 211, 243; the same as the previous tab.  The seventh tab, I have the active colors as 255, 255, 255 (white) and the inactive colors as 214, 211, 243; the same as the fifth tab.  Once you change these values, you should be fine.

Are there any other tabs you want me to check?

TSGal
                       FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Background colors on tabs change if tab is not selected
                    richardsrussell

Active vs. inactive. Did not think to check that.

No, now that you've pointed me in the right direction, I can get the rest by myself.

Thanks, TSGal!