1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 2, 2009 2:29 PM by TSGal

Backup Scheduler Fails for longer intervals.

superblock

Summary

Backup Scheduler Fails for longer intervals.

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved: FMS9Operating System(s) involved: OSX 10.4.xDetailed description of the issue:The Backup task scheduler has a "every n days" option. Setting n to be >7 days does not get you the correct days.Exact steps to reproduce the issue:Go to backup scheduler; and at the "Select the interval in days" step; type in 28. Hit NEXTExpected Result:The script executes  a backup every 28 days.Actual ResultThe 28 silently reverts to 1.Workaround:NoneComment:While you should run hourly and daily backups; there is a good cause to also run longer intervals as well. If vital records are lost, it may be days before someone notices. With longer interval backups; you can go back & extract the missing/deleted record and import it to the current dataset.

• 1. Re: Backup Scheduler Fails for longer intervals.
          TSGal

superblock:

Thank you for your post.

FileMaker Server will not allow a backup schedule of more than 7 days.  The maximum is 7 days.  If you try to enter a number larger than 7, it will revert to 7.

However, in your instance, you are saying it is reverting to 1.  I cannot duplicate the problem with either FileMaker Server 9 or FileMaker Server 10.

If you can let me know what steps you took, I will try to duplicate it here.

It appears you want a longer backup schedule, so I would suggest entering this as a feature request at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/feature_request.html

I know I could easily copy your suggestion and paste it into the web form, but there are additional questions asked that only you can answer.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.