1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 3, 2009 7:01 AM by TSGal

Behavior Changes for Range Finds after V5.5 files converted to FMPro 9

vct

Summary

Behavior Changes for Range Finds after V5.5 files converted to FMPro 9

Description of the issue

I recently converted all my FMPro5.5 files to V9.  A user just reported a problem with the range find using "..." in the V9 files. In FMPro5.5, the range find results would include the begin and the end points.  However, after the files were converted to FMPro9, in the existing fields, the range find results would include the begin point but exclude the end point.  For instance, in a text field, when search for "08...12", the results return 08,09,11 but 12 is excluded.  At first, I though this was how FMPro 9 handled range find.  Then I noticed in any new fields I created after the files were converted to V9, the range find would work like it's in V5, both the begin and the end points are inclusive!  For testing purpose, I created a new file in FMPro 9 with a text field, the range find results in this test file included the begin and end points too. My questions is how do I fix the range find problem in the existing fields of the converted files?  It's impossible for me to recreate these files in FMPro 9 from scratch within a short time.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

• 1. Re: Behavior Changes for Range Finds after V5.5 files converted to FMPro 9
          TSGal

vct:

Thank you for your post.

I don't know why FileMaker Pro 9 is unable to find the ending records.  Have you tried a search just for the ending records?

One possible workaround is to turn off indexing (under Manage -> Database...), close the file, reopen the file and try the Find again.  This will reset the index.

If you are still having difficulty, let me know, and I'll make arrangements to look at the file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.