4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2009 12:50 PM by TSGal

Bento

MarthaHarris

Summary

Bento

Description of the issue

Bento always gives opening error message with "send report" button, and then finally opens.  I followed all five of the steps outlined in the forum (removing something from library, disk utility run, etc.) but problem persists.  System:  Snow Leopard, 10.6.1Bento 2  I wish this would go away.  It didn't happen with Bento 1.   

• 1. Re: Bento
          TSGal

Martha Harris:

Thank you for your post.

If you receive an error message when opening your database file, then the file is corrupt.  If this didn't occur with Bento 1, then return to your Bento 1 file and convert it again.  Or, if it has been a long time since you backed up, you can send in your bento.bentodb database file and I will attempt to fix it.  I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send the file.

In the future, please post your Bento questions to the Bento forum at forums.filemaker.com.  This is a FileMaker Pro/FileMaker Server forum.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Bento
            TSGal

Martha Harris:

I received your database file.  Thank you.

There is definitely some corruption with the Address Book Library.  In order to fix it properly, I will need an Address Book Archive.  That is, launch the Address Book application, pull down the File menu and select "Export -> Address Book Archive".  Please send that archive to the email address listed in the private message.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 3. Re: Bento
              TSGal

Martha Harris:

I noticed a number of extra fields in iCal.  Therefore, please make a backup file of your iCal and also send that along.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: Bento
                TSGal

Martha Harris:

Your Address Book Library was definitely corrupt, and although I could not fix it, I did create a new database file that appears to be working correctly.  I checked all data, Forms, Tables, and I believe this should match your original file.  I have sent the file to our Technical Support liaison, and he should be sending the file to you shortly.  If you do not receive it by end of today, please let me know, and I'll make sure it gets forwarded to you immediately.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.