1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 20, 2012 2:47 PM by TSGal

Black screen when trying to open Starter Solutions from File/new from Starter Solutions

RobynMessenger

Summary

Black screen when trying to open Starter Solutions from File/new from Starter Solutions

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.00v4

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.6.8

Description of the issue

I am unable to access my starter solution files on opening Filemaker Pro 11. A search of my computer shows that they are in my ~/English Extras/Templates file.

It would be nice to be able access them direct from File/New from Starter Solution

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

Black Screen

• 1. Re: Black screen when trying to open Starter Solutions from File/new from Starter Solutions
          TSGal

Robyn Messenger:

Thank you for your post.

When you pull down the File menu and select "New From Starter Solution...", a NEW database file is created using the Starter Solution template.  If you made changes to an existing template, then you would need to access that file directly through Recent Files in the "FileMaker Quick Start" menu, or use a common database file that opens other FileMaker Pro files.

I woiuld encourage you to enter this product suggestion into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

These web form entries are read by both Development and Product Management where they are then discussed and considered for future releases.  Although I could copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are a couple of questions asked that only you can answer.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.