Book icon in status area has become invisible

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

9.0v3

Operating system version

Mac 10.6.3

Description of the issue

Suddenly, the book icon in the Status area is invisible. If you click to the right of the now blank area, the records advance as they should. If I click on left of blank area, they decrease. So, it's working - it's just not there!

I confirmed I am in browse.  I have quit and restarted Filemaker. Not sure what else to do.

Filemaker_Status_Area_problem.jpg

• 1. Re: Book icon in status area has become invisible
          TSGal

Kent Songer:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

Is this only occurring with the one database file?  That is, if you create a new database file, does the book icon appear?

If this is only happening with the one database file, is it occurring on every layout?  Or, does this occur on just one layout?  If the latter, then the layout could be damaged.  Close the file, pull down the File menu, select Recover, select the file, click Open, and save the new recovered file to the Desktop.  The Recover will do its best to clean up the file, but it is not a cure-all solution.  When finished with the Recover process, open the Recovered file, and see if the book icon appears.

I know some time has passed, so if you have found a solution, please post here in case other users encounter the same problem.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.