Border on repeating textboxes does not print

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

FileMaker 11 Advanced Server

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.5.8

Description of the issue

In Instant Web Publishing, the internal dividing lines between cells on a repeating textbox display in the browser but do not show up when it is sent to the printer.

This issue has been reproduced using Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP, Firefox 3.6 on Mac OS X 10.6.4 and Safari 5.0.2

Steps to reproduce the problem

Create a repeating textbox.  View form in a web browser using IWP.  Print form.

Expected result

If I had a repeat textbox that had two repeats I would expect there to be two boxes sharing one border.

Actual result

The entire repeat is one large box with no dividing lines between the repeated boxes.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No error given

Configuration information

This issue has been reproduced using Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP, Firefox 3.6 on Mac OS X 10.6.4 and Safari 5.0.2

Workaround

None found

printbordererror.jpg

• 1. Re: Border on repeating textboxes does not print
          TSGal

Trevor Smith:

Thank you for your post.

I am able to replicate the problem on both Mac 10.5.8, 10.6.4 and Windows XP SP3.  It also doesn't matter if the repeating field is displayed horizontally or vertically.  The border separating the repetitions will not display when printed.

I have forwarded your post along with my findings to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review and confirmation.  When additional information becomes available, I will let you know.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.