1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 18, 2010 9:02 AM by TSGal

BUG : Keyboard Shortcuts on Help menu with Custom Menus - Mac OX X - don't respond

KentLendrum

Summary

BUG : Keyboard Shortcuts on Help menu with Custom Menus - Mac OX X - don't respond

Description of the issue

Bug : A Custom 'Help' menu, with items assigned a keyboard shortcut - do not respond when the keyboard shutcut is typed. Platform : Mac OS X 10.6.2   (doesn't affect windows, haven't checked other versions of OS X) FileMaker 11 Advanced -  Issue doesn't exist in FileMaker 9 or 10  How To Recreate :1) Create a Custom Menu Set.2) Copy the 'Help' menu.  Remove undesired items.3) Add a nee menu item.  Assign a keyboard shortcut  (eg.  Command + 1,  Command + /)4) Activate the custom menu set. Type the keyboard shortcut - doesn't respond. Type Command + / -  activates FileMaker help - even though I've removed this from the menu  and added my own 'help' with Command + / shortcut. cheers Kent.

• 1. Re: BUG : Keyboard Shortcuts on Help menu with Custom Menus - Mac OX X - don't respond
          TSGal

Kent Lendrum:

Thank you for your post.

I can replicate both problems on both Mac OS X 10.5.8 and Mac OS X 10.6.2.   That is,

1. Keyboard shortcuts assigned to commands in the Custom Menu Set Help menu are disabled

2. Trying to assign Command-/ to a keyboard shortcut activates FileMaker Pro Help, even when it is disabled.

Neither problem occurs on Windows.

I have forwarded both problems to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review and confirmation.  When more information becomes available, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.