Thank you for your post.
Can you confirm your field is a Date field? I see your format is quite different than what I'm used to, so if this is a country setting, I'd like to set my language and format settings identical to yours so I can duplicate the problem.
Yes, it's a date field. I have been using this function in many years, probably from 1995 or something (the database is originally .fp3) and it's always been working. Now I'm running FileMaker Pro 9.0v3 and the country setting is Swedish.
Thanks for the additional information. Here are the steps I took:
1. Set my system to Swedish -> Sweden
2. Launched FileMaker Pro 9.0v3 with a test database "a.fp7"
3. Created a date field, "adate"
4. Entered 56 records with different dates. Some records blank, many with dates form 2008, and some from 2009.
5. I performed a find for the following:
a. 2008-10-01..2008-10-31 (all correct records found)
b. <2008-11-10 (today's date). (all correct records found)
All records from 2009 were not found (including 2009-10-12)
If you create a new database file, does the find work properly? If so, make a clone of your file, add a test record with a date for 2009, and see perform the search for < 2008-11-10 (today's date). If it works, then import the records from your original database file.
Please continue to keep me posted.