AnsweredAssumed Answered

Bug importing dBase data into File Maker Pro 10 Demo (OSX)

Question asked by mattb on Nov 2, 2009
Latest reply on Jun 30, 2012 by disabled_JackRodgers

Summary

Bug importing dBase data into File Maker Pro 10 Demo (OSX)

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved 10.0v3 [demo version] Operating System(s) involved OSX 10.5.6 Detailed description of the issue When importing dBase files into File Maker Pro database, the first letter of each paragraph is missing, when the sourcefield is a dBase Memo field (comes from the .DBT file) Exact steps to reproduce the issue Using a newly-created FMP database: 1) File pulldown menu, select Import -> File2) In the Show popup, select dBase files3) Select a dBase file that has Memo fields in it (DBF/DBT pair)4) In the Import Field Mapping window, select the name of table from the Target popup5) Click the Import button Expected Result I would expect data to be imported 100% intact from the source database, not dropping characters! Actual Result 6) All text data imported from a dBase Memo field is missing the first character in each paragraph  Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared There were no error messages Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue The original source data comes from Visual Foxpro databases.  Visual Foxpro is able to create dBase files, so thefiles I am using for import are dBase files created by Visual Foxpro.  These dBase files have intact data in them,which leads me to believe there is a bug in the File Maker Pro import procedure. Any workarounds that you have found I have not found any and would greatly appreciate knowing about any workarounds to this issue.   Matt Bloomfieldmatt.bloomfield@gmail.com(310) 397-8232  

Outcomes