Summary

Bug in latest version of filemaker go 1.2.1 - GLOBAL VARIABLES

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

Operating system version

iOS

Description of the issue

I have found huge problems with FileMaker Go and the use of global variables which cause the app to crash and exit.

We are using Filemaker Pro Server (very latest version).

FileMaker Go is running on a first generation iPad with iOS4.3.2

Example:  I have a very basic script which asks for the user to enter a number.  Once entered they are jumped to a screen where a record with the matching number is found.  This is enough to cause the app to crash immediately.

I have found that in various places where global variables are used for data entry via a dialog box, the same thing is happening.  On some of those, when you go back into the app they will then work --- in other cases, they will not.  I am unable to determine any pattern here.

Steps to reproduce the problem

I have found huge problems with FileMaker Go and the use of global variables which cause the app to crash and exit.

Example:  I have a very basic script which asks for the user to enter a number.  Once entered they are jumped to a screen where a record with the matching number is found.  This is enough to cause the app to crash immediately.

I have found that in various places where global variables are used for data entry via a dialog box, the same thing is happening.  On some of those, when you go back into the app they will then work --- in other cases, they will not.  I am unable to determine any pattern here.

Expected result

Actual result

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

no error msgs - app simply crashes and exits

Configuration information

FileMaker Pro Server version 11

Workaround

no workarounds