1 Reply Latest reply on May 13, 2010 9:38 AM by TSGal

Bug report on selection of printing BROWSED or CURRENT record

paulvesco

Summary

Bug report on selection of printing BROWSED or CURRENT record

Description of the issue

Running Mac OS 10.6.3 on a MacBook Pro -- FileMaker Pro Advanced v11.0v1 -- Using a Brother 5170 printer with Postscript driver. When I try to print, I no longer see the dialogue options of: RECORDS BEING BROWSED, CURRENT RECORD, or BLANK RECORD. In the drop down box, there is no FILEMAKER option. This results in having no control over whether I am printing a single record or all the records being browsed. As a long time, experienced user of FileMaker (since 2003), I am very familiar with this dialogue box. Two other tech notes for tracking this problem: 1) This is the same printer I've had for over two years using FileMaker 8 and the Filemaker 10 with no similar problems. 2) The problem only appeared when I upgraded to Filemaker Pro Advanced 11.0, HOWEVER, I also just bought the MacBook Pro, so that also has to be considered. I ran FileMaker 10 on this new computer for a while and don't remember any similar problems, but I can't be certain of that, since I did upgrade FileMaker fairly quickly after purchasing this computer. The only workaround I have found is by switching between a few different printers, I can get that dialogue to come up. I make the change there, then switch back to the printer I want to use, but even this hasn't been consistent in behavior and I may have to do that 2 or 3 times to get the settings to "stick" where I want them.