AnsweredAssumed Answered

bug report: Print[restore] script step fails to restore some settings.

Question asked by GregD on Jul 15, 2009
Latest reply on Aug 20, 2009 by TSGal

Summary

bug report: Print[restore] script step fails to restore some settings.

Description of the issue

Hi Modman: I am going to follow your form for this issues. FileMaker Product(s) involved:   FileMaker Pro Advanced v10.0v3.  Interestingly, FileMaker Pro Advanced 8.5v2 did and does not have this problem Operating System(s) involved: Mac OS X 10.5.7.    I do not have a Windows version. Detailed description of the issue:      I think I have created a fairly simple example that recreates the problem.    A DB with two records, one field.      I create two scripts with one command, print[restore]: one, call it RBB, specifying the attribute "records being browsed" and the other, CR, specifying "current record".  I run RBB first and suppose it works.  Then I run CR but the attribute is still set to "records being browsed".  I can manually adjust the value in the dialog box to "current record" and continue with the script.  OK.   Now run RBB and the attribute is set to "current record".   Of course I can manually adjust the dialog box on each run of the script but that defeats the purpose of creating a script. Interestingly, I can run the same scripts on the same DB in FileMaker 8.5v2 immediately after and everything runs as desired.   Exact steps to reproduce the issue:    I believe the above are the exact steps. Expected Result: the script will restore the setting "records being browsed" or "current record"Actual Result:  the script presents the setting of "records being browsed" or "current record" from the last print as opposed to what was stored in the script.  Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared: N/AAny additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue:  I can reproduce the error in v10 using preview.  You can save a sheet of paper or two  Any workarounds that you have found: only to manually adjust setting for each print command. Hope I have been clear and precise.Sincerely,-Greg    

Outcomes