Bug when using popover in portals

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

13.0v2

Operating system version

Windows 7 professional

Description of the issue

When using a popover button inside a portal. If portal is sorted in order than new rows are created at the top --> fields in the popover are filled with the last row data when double clicking inside the popover.

The bug doesnt happen when the new row is created at the bottom of the portal.

Another bug also with popover in portals: If you try to create a new row    from script ( go to last portal row + go to object popover_portal), the popover is not showed if the row is at the bottom of the portal ( in the case that you have to scroll down in the portal to show it).

You can see the combination of both bugs are a nightmare:

1- I sort the portal in order to add the new rows at the top --> the fields in the popover are filled with the last row data.

2- I sort the portal in order to add the new rows at the bottom --> the news rows dont show the popover if you need to scroll down to make them visible.

Does anyone imagine a workaround ?

• 1. Re: Bug when using popover in portals
          TSGal

alfonso lopez:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the first issue.  Here are the steps I took:

1. I have a portal with a popover button that opens the popover named "OpenPopover".  My portal is set to sort ascending by a text field.

2. I create a script, "Open Popover", with the steps:
             Go to Portal Row [ First ]
             Go to Object [ Object Name: "OpenPopoover" ]

3. I execute this script to make sure it works correctly (It does).

4. I create a script, "Create new Portal record and open popover", with the steps:
             Set Variable [ $ID ; <Main table>::ID ]
             Go to Layout [ <portal layout> ]
             New Record/Request
             Set Field [ <Portal table>::ID ; $ID ]
             Go to Layout [ <main layout> ]
             Go to Portal Row [ First ]
             Go to Object [ Object Name: "OpenPopover" ]

5. I execute this script, and the popover displays with empty fields.  (I have 10 related records).

6. If I set the Portal to display a vertical scrollbar, then I can replace the script in step #4 as follows:
             Go to Portal Row [ Last ]

Either way, the popover displays with empty fields.  I do not get data from other records.

Your second issue may be caused by not having a vertical scrollbar, as Go to Portal Row [ Last ] will only go to the last row displayed in the portal.  If you have 10 related records, but the portal without a vertical scrollbar is only set to display 5 records, then Go to Portal Row [ Last ] will display the fifth record; not the tenth.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Bug when using popover in portals
            renti

Hello,

1- The first isssue it´s easy do replicate: Just create a portal on a layout and a 

popover button on the portal (one row = one popover button).
            2- Sort the portal (i.e ID desc. ) the way the newest records are created at the TOP of the portal.
            3- Copy fields from the row to the popover
            4- Click on the last row -it opens the popover- to create a new record.
            5- Fill one or two fields in the popover, then double click on the popover
            6- All fields in the popover are filled with the data from last row
            7- If closing popover and opening again, old data has been removed and this time you 

can fill the correct data for the new row.
            WORK AROUND --> Sort the portal the way the newest records are created at the BOTTOM.

My portal has scroll bar. I´m trying your script:
             Go to Portal Row [ Last ]
            I´m almost sure you dont get data from other records because your portal is sorted ascending. Sort it by ID descending (new records will be create at the TOP of the portal). 

Let me know if your records are not filled with data when you fill one or 2 and then clicking on the popover.

The other issue happens (ONLY IN A SCRIPT) when you try to open a popover in a portal , but you have to use scroll down to see the "create a new record row". Your portal only show 5 records and you have to use scroll bar to see the underneath rows. 
            I manage a work around adding Consign records before going to object popover.

• 3. Re: Bug when using popover in portals
              TSGal

alfonso lopez:

Thank you for the instructions.  I now understand the issue.

If you click outside an object in the popover, the record is committed and placed in its proper order in the portal list, and the popover does reset to the sorted position, and therefore displays information for the last record in the portal.

I have forwarded your post to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Bug when using popover in portals
                philmodjunk

Hmmm, as a work around, you might cover the popover background with an object--such as a button that does nothing but resume a non-existent script that intercepts that mouse click and keeps the record from being committed by that mouse click...

• 5. Re: Bug when using popover in portals
                  TSGal

alfonzo lopez:

This issue has been fixed in FileMaker Pro 14.0.1.

TSGal
                  FileMaker, Inc.