3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2009 12:44 AM by bwaah

bug with the API PHP

bwaah

Summary

bug with the API PHP

Description of the issue

Hello I have a problem in a php script.I'm using  PHP 5.2.6 on a Windows NT FMCOGNEX2 6.0 build 6001 system whith a FMS10 server. In my layout, I have a list which contains some japanese records. Two of the records contains a mixed english and Japanese data, like Matrox /キヤノンITソリューションズ.In FMPA, the list is good, but when a get the data whith :  $record->getLayout()->getValueLists($this->id); the value becomes : Matrox /Matrox /キヤノンITソリューションズ. As you can see, the english characters (and only them) are sended twice to PHP. When I change the value in the database and invert the order, like  キヤノンITソリューションズ. Matrox / , it works! The english characters are sended once to PHP. But this solution doesn't please my customer. Is it a bug ? Is there any solution ? Thank you.

• 1. Re: bug with the API PHP
          TSGal

bwaah:

Thank you for your post.

This issue has not been previously reported.  I have forwarded your entire post to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review and confirmation.  When I receive information back from these departments, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: bug with the API PHP
            TSGal

bwaah:

The following information was forwarded to me by our Testing team.

"Please have the customer use the following method instead:

$record->getLayout()->getValueListsTwoFields()

getValueList() and getValueLists() are deprecated.  We have introduced getValueListTwoFields() and getValueListsTwoFields() in FileMaker Server 10.  More details on method parameters can be found in the Application Programming Interface documentation."

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 3. Re: bug with the API PHP
              bwaah

Thank you, I'm reading the new features...