Bug: Adjust Window [ Resize to Fit ] issue with second monitor screen
Description of the issue
FileMaker Product(s) involvedFileMaker Pro 10.0.3 Advanced tested on… Operating System(s) involvedMac OS X 10.5.8, 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3. Monitors in use are Samsung 24" as the Primary, and MacBook Pro's laptop as the secondary monitor (where the issue occurs).Detailed description of the issueProblem occurs with a dual monitor setup. In this case a 24" as primary and the laptop screen as secondary. I have a database open, which opens by default on the main monitor with top/left coordinates 0/0. If then at any stage I either move the main database window to the secondary laptop monitor - or create a new window and move that one - then whenever I attempt to either maximise that window, or use the Adjust Window [ Resize to Fit ] option, an issue occurs. The bug is that the window in effect becomes reduced in height by about 40% (so a scrollbar is present on a fully originally maximised window). The top coordinate of the window is also set to 0 so it moves to the top of the secondary screen. Once this happens, no matter how much I click the maximize button again, the window can never restore itself to it's native height/width. NOTE: Remember that on a mac, the maximize button operates a bit different than on a PC, when used, it is like a toggle between the windows native dimensions, and a user-set height-width that can be set using the drag part of the window in the lower right corner. Exact steps to reproduce the issueOpen a database in the main window and adjust window (resize to fit) or maximise so that it begins at it's native height/width dimensions (ie the bounds of the layout itself). Move that window over to the secondary monitor and repeat the first step. It should happen with any luck.Expected ResultI would expect the window to behave exactly the same as if it were on the main monitor, that being operating how the maximize/adjust window features should work.Actual ResultI think that has already been explained in length.Exact text of any error message(s) that appearedThere is no error message Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issueCan't think of anything elseAny workarounds that you have foundI encountered this issue when creating a new window and using custom functions to position it centered in front of the original window. When I did the same thing with the original window on the second monitor I got this issue. The solution was to just create the new window with the exact height/width set originally, and to not use adjust window [ resize to fit ] to give the window it's correct dimensions.